About our buildings
Our Storage Buildings are built on site. We keep our prices low by not having a display lot with models and by making the most efficient use of building material and construction method. Construction of our buildings start by placing and leveling 4″ x 8″ x 16″ concrete blocks on the ground. All buildings are built on 4”x 4″ pressure treated runners that are placed on the blocks, then leveled by adding concrete blocks, Pressure treated wood and leveling shims.
Floor joists are 2X4 pressure treated lumber or 2X6 for larger buildings, placed 12″ on centers.
The floor is 3/4″ tongue and grove plywood
Customers may choose between T1-11 or Smart Siding. The standard siding on all buildings is T1-11 exterior grade pine siding, 5/8 inches thick with grooves 8 inches on center. Framing lumber spacing will be two foot on center with T1-11. Smart siding, 3/8” thick, cedar texture, with grooves 8 inches on center may be chosen. Smart siding is a fiber cement panel, Pre-primed for exceptional paint adhesion.
Roof decking is 7/16″ OSB.
Shingles are a 20-year standard weight asphalt fiberglass shingles in your choice of standard colors availability at the time of construction:
- Dark Brown
- Light Brown
- Light Gray
- Dark Gray
All of our buildings include 2-inch wide continuous eave vents along the eaves of the building and a ridge vent on top of the roof. Eave vents allow cool air to enter the lower part of the roof then the ridge vent allows the hot air to exit the top of the building. Buildings come standard with one set of double doors, you may choose your opening width which will be when both doors are open. The sizes for the opening are 4′, 5′, or 5’8″. The doors are framed with 2′ x 4′ for greater strength. A 1′ x 3′ is added to make the door rigid. Hinges are six-foot continuous piano hinge for smooth operation. You may also choose between a shed door T-handle lock kit or a hasp to be used with a pad lock.
Our buildings are designed for efficient use of all building materials resulting in an affordable building. Extra materials may be delivered to the site for temporary bracing and will be removed when the building is completed.
Custom buildings that will match your house in style and construction can be priced upon request. These buildings take more time and material to construct. The quoted price will reflect the extra work involved. All buildings can be customized to meet local variances, HOA’s requirements, or personal taste. Let us know if you would like to customize your building with an option not listed.
Due to the fluctuation of the building materials market, some materials may not be available during construction. We will advise you if there is a shortage and what materials will be substituted.
When you call to order a building, a price will be quoted for the building and options chosen. The price will be good for 14 days. A construction date will be agreed upon, usually within two weeks. However, inclement weather, illness, or other unplanned events may delay the construction date.
Construction time is usually one day for buildings 10′ x 12′ or smaller, two days for larger storage buildings. The “Big Barns” will take five to six to complete. A three-foot clearance around the building is required for construction. Tree limbs must be trimmed back including those that will hang over the top of the building.
A building permit is usually required for a storage building. You must obtain the proper permit before the time of construction. Contact your local zoning office for requirements. Local building codes may require different building methods, fasteners or materials. These requirements may result in an increase in the cost of the building.
Items to consider.
- Can we drive to the building location?
- Access to electricity. Our buildings are built on-site. The builder will bring extension cords but must have a reliable source of electricity.
- The outlet must not have a history of tripping.
- Any special information about the building location or directions to the site.
Additional charges will be incurred if:
- Electricity is not available within 150 feet of the construction site. $100.00 per day generator charge.
- Building materials cannot be delivered within 75 feet of the construction site. The charge for carrying materials will be $2.00 per square foot.
- The price of the building includes all concrete blocks and other materials to level the building up to 20 inches high. If the site is more than 20 inches out of level. Leveling charges for additional blocks and labor are: 21” to 24” is $50 | 25” to 28” is $90 | 29”-36” is $150
- If over 36″ concrete piers, wooden stilts or a retaining wall that is backed filled with dirt will have to be constructed.